Principles of marketing
С открытой датой
Описание мероприятияЯзык обучения: английский
This course introduces students to the fundamental principles of marketing and marketing management. The approach taken in this course will enable students to gain a broad understanding of the theoretical and practical issues surrounding marketing decision making.
This course aims to:
- introduce students to the fundamental principles of marketing.
- give students a broad understanding of consumers and the marketing behaviour of firms.
- explore the relevance of other academic disciplines to marketing.
- encourage students to question the limitations of marketing management and to suggest ways of overcoming its many problems.
- develop students’ practical skills by applying learned theories to real-world organisational problems.
This course is assessed by a three-hour unseen written examination.
- An overview of marketing history and theory
- The marketing environment
- Consumer behaviour.
- Organisational buyer behaviour.
- Market segmentation, targeting and positioning
- Customer relationship marketing (CRM).
- Branding and product development.
- Product innovation and the life-cycle approach.
- Corporate social responsibility (CSR)
The course is ideally suited for those who wish to develop a sophisticated and critical understanding of marketing. At the end of this course and having completed the essential reading and activities students will be expected to:
- discuss the function and effect of advertising/promotion fr om an
- organisational perspective
- describe the pricing behaviour of firms in an uncertain environment
- wh ere information may be limited or wrong
- describe and analyse the marketing behaviour of firms and consumers
Требования к поступающим:
If taken as part of a BSc degree, courses which must be passed before this course may be attempted:
- EC1002 Introduction to economics or
- SP2079 Elements of social and applied