Introduction to economics
Организатор: Финансовый университет при Правительстве РФ
С открытой датой
Описание мероприятияЯзык обучения: английский
This course is designed to introduce you to the fundamentals of economic analysis and reasoning and it is the course upon which subsequent, more specialised economics courses are based.
The aims of this course are:
- To introduce students to an understanding of the domain of economics as a social theory.
- To introduce students to the main analytical tools which are used in economic analysis.
- To introduce students to the main conclusions derived from economic analysis and to develop students’ understanding of their organisational and policy implications.
- To enable students to participate in debates on economic matters.
Assessment This course is assessed by a three‐hour unseen written examination.
- The Theory of Consumer Behaviour
- The Theory of the Firm
- Factors Market
- Coordination and Welfare
- The Goods Market
- Money and Banking
- General Equilibrium
- Exchange Rate Determination and the Money Sector
- Economic Growth
- Business Cycles
- International Trade
At the end of the course and having completed the essential reading and activities students should be able to:
- define the main concepts and describe the models and methods used in economic analysis
- formulate real world in the language of economic modelling
- apply and use the economic models to analyse these issues
- assess the potential and limitations of the models and methods used in economic analysis
Требования к поступающим:
Students can only take EC1002 Introduction to economics at the same time as or after ST104A Statistics 1 and either MT105A Mathematics 1 or MT1174 Calculus, not before.