Game theory (half course)
Организатор: Финансовый университет при Правительстве РФ
С открытой датой
Описание мероприятияЯзык обучения: английский
This half course is an introduction to the main concepts of non-cooperative game theory, and know how they are used in modelling and analysing an interactive situation.
This half course is designed to:
- familiarise students with formal methods for strategic analysis
- develop the mathematical theory of games as used in economics.
This half course is assessed by a two-hour unseen written examination.
- Combinatorial games and Nim.
- Game trees with perfect information, backward induction.
- Extensive and strategic (normal) form of a game.
- Nash equilibrium.
- Mixed strategies and Nash equilibria in mixed strategies.
- Finding mixed-strategy equilibria for twoperson games.
- Zero sum games, maxmin strategies.
- Extensive games with information sets, behaviour strategies, perfect recall.
- The Nash bargaining solution.
- Multistage bargaining.
At the end of this half course and having completed the essential reading and activities students should have:
- knowledge of fundamental concepts of non-cooperative game theory
- the ability to apply solution concepts to examples of games, and to state and explain them precisely
- the ability to solve unseen games that are variants of known examples.
Требования к поступающим:
If taken as part of a BSc degree, courses which must be passed before this half course may be attempted:
- MT105a Mathematics 1 and
- MT105b Mathematics 2 or
- MT1174 Calculus