Advanced mathematical analysis (half course)
Организатор: Финансовый университет при Правительстве РФ
С открытой датой
Описание мероприятияЯзык обучения: английский
This half course is a course in real analysis, designed for those who already know some real analysis (such as that encountered in course MT2116 Abstract mathematics). The emphasis is on functions, sequences and series in n-dimensional real space. The general concept of a metric space will also be studied.
The course is designed to enable students to:
- develop further their ability to think in a critical manner
- formulate and develop mathematical arguments in a logical manner
- improve their skills in acquiring new understanding and experience
- acquire an understanding of advanced mathematical analysis.
This course is assessed by a two-hour unseen written examination.
Specific topics covered are:
- series of real numbers;
- series and sequences in n-dimensional real space Rn;
- limits and continuity of functions mapping between Rn and Rm ;
- the topology of Rn ;
- metric spaces
- uniform convergence of sequences of
At the end of this half course and having completed the essential reading and activities students should:
- have a good knowledge of the mathematical concepts in real analysis
- be able to use formal notation correctly and in connection with precise statements in English
- be able to demonstrate the ability to solve unseen mathematical problems in real analysis.
- be able to prove statements and to formulate precise mathematical arguments.
Требования к поступающим:
If taken as part of a BSc degree, courses which must be passed before this half course may be attempted:
- MT2116 Abstract mathematics.